03 October, 2008

2008 Election - Thanks Maine :(


Ordinarily I believe that the way Maine splits thier electoral college votes is better; however, my prediction is that the vote will be 269-269. Legally this would then need to go to the House of Representatives to settle the dispute. BUT we know that the Supreme Court has illegally interviened in the past to choose someone for President. Don't remember who they chose...
Anyway... Maine gives two electoral votes to the winner of the overall state popular vote. They then give one vote to the winner in each of the state's congressional districts. (Total possible 4). My prediction is that McCain will take 3, Obama 1.
If the House votes, then Obama will win. The Supreme Court will chose, hmmmm?
AL - 9 McCain
AK - 3 McCain
AZ - 10 McCain
AR - 6 McCain
CA - 55 Obama
CO - 9 Obama
CT - 7 Obama
DE - 3 Obama
FL - 27 McCain (after fiasco)
GA - 15 McCain
HI - 4 Obama
ID - 4 McCain
IL - 21 Obama
IN - 11 McCain
IA - 7 Obama
KS - 6 McCain
KY - 8 McCain
LA - 9 McCain
ME - 3 McCain / 1 Obama
MD - 10 Obama
MA - 12 Obama
MI - 17 Obama
MN - 10 McCain
MS - 6 McCain
MO - 11 McCain
MT - 3 McCain
NE - 5 McCain
NV - 5 McCain
NH -4 McCain
NJ - 15 Obama
NM - 5 Obama
NY - 31 Obama
NC - 15 McCain
ND - 3 McCain
OH - 20 McCain
OK - 7 McCain
OR - 7 Obama
PA - 21 Obama
RI - 4 Obama - State of RI and Providence Plantations
SC - 8 McCain
SD - 3 McCain
TN - 11 McCain
TX - 34 McCain
UT - 5 McCain
VT - 3 Obama
VA - 13 Obama
WI - 10 Obama
WY - 3 McCain

3 comments:

Bill said...

Hope your prediction is wrong, but very well thought-out!

Ian O'hEnas said...

Unfortunately I belive that it will end up this way... :( Wish there was something else to push it over the top.

OH will again vote for Democrats, but will be Republican - as 6,000 voters in a town of 600 will vote for McCain.

Staci Kenney said...

Maine is more liberal than you think. They've been a Blue state for every election I can remember. I'm guessing your predicting that Southern Maine's district will vote Obama and the rest McCain. I predict the opposite. I think Obama will win 3 of the 4 districts. The potato farmers in the north wont vote for him but I think the rest of the state will. Not a scientific opinion, but I did live there for 25 years...