23 March, 2008

Mars and the "planet x" theory

From the earliest times that I learned about the solar system, I always wondered why there'd be an astroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. It didn't make sense, even to a young boy. Why would it happen there and nowhere else, why would debris form instead of even a tiny planet?

The theory I thought of, later found and liked was that there was another planet at that spot. It has been shown that if there was, and it was hit by an extra-solar object. The object was large enough to knock Uranus' axis on its side, and destory "Planet X" (I think of as Eden).

The destruction of Eden (Planet X) allegedly formed Mars, the Moon, and other satellites around the solar system. If this is true, then it could give validation to many tales from ancient civilizations in the world who state that we (humans) came from another "garden" and were cast out.

1) I cannot locate the website which showed the effects of a large object passing thru our solar system and the destruction of this planet.

2) This is not to say that I 100% believe in these stories; however, I cannot rule out some of the information that would give me reason to want to get more research about the topic.

Mars itself has interesting geology. Less than one half is mountainous with hard bedrock, etc near the surface of the dust / debris. The other portion is relatvely smooth as though from molten surface that later started to have mountains form and other events reshape it.

Oceans flowed across the entire planet very quickly leaving a layer of dust and debris over everything which is very deep in many area... (As Erin Kraal, et al recently published http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v451/n7181/abs/nature06615.html;jsessionid=9DA00EEC3F0600C59475579C9A3A2F24)

This was also reported in various other sources. The ocean / lakes had a salt content similar to those here on Earth which would have supported life... http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23250281-1702,00.html?from=public_rss http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23410914-1702,00.html?from=public_rss http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7302591.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7294767.stm

All of this is very interesting and leads to give credence to such people as the Enterprise Mission who have been putting forth these ideas for decades... http://www.enterprisemission.com/planet.htm Very geekie, but have several decent, thought provoking ideas!

No comments: