With Hillary, I feel that there are only a few options which she will follow:
1) get the nomination - most likely not going to happen but it is the only thing she will accept.
2) fight to and beyond the convention - if she is not nominated at the convention I forsee her doing one of two things: (a) legally challenging it, (b) becoming an independent and running on her own.
All of these options will destroy the democratic party. IF she does the legal battle route there is a very good chance there will be no democratic candidate for November. If she is an independent, then she will split the democratic vote and thusly hand the presidency to the Bush 3rd term - McCain...
She feels it is HER party and SHE can do whatever she wants with it. That is why she cannot accept what each of these groups has to say - unless it is what SHE wants to hear. Is she 2 or in her 60's, I forget... I can just see her stomping around hotel rooms yelling "MINE, MINE, MINE" at the top of her lungs...
While Obama is fighting a battle against McCain for over the past month and not dealing with Clinton; Clinton is still only really fighting to stay in a race which has been over since at LEAST the 6th of May.
2 comments:
I heard that Bill (Clinton, not my Bill) hinted that Hillary would be dropping out of the race soon. Lets hope this is true. She really is being a total brat about all this. I can't believe they caved and gave Michigan and Florida half a vote at the convention. Luckily, even with the half vote, she still doesn't have enough delegates.
You can't blame her for sticking it out to the end, as long as she gets out after the primaries today or soon after. There will be something done to give her "status", I believe, whether it's a cabinet post or ambassador to something.
Post a Comment