The RTE is reporting that Edwards would consider running for VP if asked by Mr. Obama. This would be interesting, but I do no know how I feel about the two running together.
Others on my short-list for VP are:
1) Jim Webb - VA Senator
2) Patty Murphy - WA Senator - voted against Iraq
3) Debbie Stabenow - MI Senator
4) Maxine Waters - CA Representative
5) Al Franken - commedian - strike against him
6) Michael Moore - too controversial
7) Howard Dean - WAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOO!
8) Christine Todd Whitman - former NJ Governor (R)
9) Patrick Murphy - PA Representative
10) Jim Jordan - OH Representative (R)
Republicans on the Obama ticket would balance out the former democrat on the McCain ticket.
3 comments:
Somehow I would like to see Al Franken as the VP heh
Not bad- Except Dean, I think he has the perfect position as DNC chair now. Maybe you'll get a call. :)
Edwards was terrible in the VP slot in 2004. I think Kerry had a lot to do with that as he came to realize that people liked Edwards more than him, so he benched him. Webb would be a great pick if he had more Senate experience under his belt, which would really bolster the national security experience argument. I like the idea of former VA governor Warner. Everyone liked him on both sides of the aisle. He would go a long way towards putting the Commonwealth in play come November. Also, OH governor Tedd Strickland will be on the shortlist with Senator Clinton.
Post a Comment