BTW: Cynthia McKinney is the leader for the Green Party Nomination…
She is (1) a woman, and (2) of African ancestry... Also has many great things going for her. Therefore, she may win the nomination of the Green Party over Nader. But we shall see...
Although not one of my suggestions from before, she does rank pretty high in people who could actually get changes to occur.
She is most notable for introducing Articles of Impeachment (surprise for something OTHER than a BJ in the Oval Office - novel idea!)...
"At the end of the 2006 legislative session, McKinney introduced articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush as (H Res 1106), which makes three charges against Bush: manipulating intelligence and lying to justify the war in Iraq, failing to uphold accountability and violating privacy laws with his domestic spying program.
The second article also makes charges against Vice President Dick Cheney for helping to "fix" the intelligence in order to justify the Iraq War, and against Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for making false statements concerning Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction program."
2 comments:
I understand why you are disillusioned with the democrats, but the green party will never win! For one thing, they have one issue. Granted its an important issue but your average Joe Schmo could care less about the environment. I think most people either don't like the Green Party because they think it cost Gore the election (whether that is true or not, I cannot comment) or they think they are just a bunch of tree-hugging hippees (I'm in this group).
The green party has a larger list of issues than most think... They have a full platform... I agree that they should change the name of the party to make sure people do not think that they're only about the one issue...
So I'm a tree-hugging hippee! WOOHOO - Drum Circle here I come!
Post a Comment